For a PDF version of this posting, click here.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to meet licensing requirements as a full ECE teacher (able to supervise 12 children, and other “staff”, which includes parent volunteers)
- Have earned a minimum of 12 semester ECE units as required by State Community Care Licensing, including Child Growth and Development, Child Family and Community, and curriculum classes
- Experience with families and preschool children, especially in a co-op setting
- Implement planned activities with the children each work day under the direct supervision of the Lead Teacher, to whom s/he is responsible.
- Assist work parents, provide enrichment activities, participate in group times and be available to spend one-on-one time with children as needed.
- Report directly to the Lead Teacher in charge of the class and will fulfill other duties as requested by the teacher.
- Attend Other Parent Days, Official Play Days, school family events and staff meetings as requested.
- Attendance at other school events, such as the Board Retreat, will be arranged on an event-by-event basis.
- Position may be shared by two or more people as the situation warrants.
- The Teacher will work M-F from 8:45-11:45 am. This position may be extended to cover the afternoon class hours (M-Th from 12:15-3:45pm) if circumstances require a second staff person in the classroom.
- S/He may also be paid for attendance at 2 Other Parent Days (1.5 hours each, on Saturdays), and 2 Official Play Days (usually in August, 2 hours each) per year.
- S/He will also be paid for attending 10 staff meetings (2 hours each) throughout the year, and for family events such as Stories Under the Stars, Spring Sing, the Open House, etc. 6 hours per year will be paid for attendance at other school events. Some events will be in the early evenings.
We are currently accepting applications for this position. Send cover letter and resume or direct inquires to:
Lisa Henry, Board President
Los Altos Parent Preschool
201 Covington Ave
Los Altos, CA 94024
For more information about our program, please browse through our website.